InvestorIntel Week in Review for July 18-24, 2022
After a brilliant week of global intelligence on the critical minerals sector last week on InvestorIntel.com, I would like to welcome Mel Sanderson to our editorial team as a new feature columnist. A Thunderbird Professor and Director for American Rare Earths Limited (ASX: ARR | OTCQB: ARRNF), Mel joins our star cast of industry-leading columnists with a focus on ESG & Critical Minerals. Check out the headline story last week Did ESG really topple the government of Sri Lanka?
Perhaps the reason for the outstanding content is the new appointment of Stephen Lautens to the role of Publisher, Editor in Chief, and Director for InvestorIntel.com. If you want to see what I am talking about check out some of our headline stories from last week — (special thanks: Jack Lifton, Dean Bristow, Byron W King, and Cam Currie), and again, welcome Stephen Lautens:
- What does the replacement of the Australian Strategic Materials CEO mean? https://bit.ly/3PKtFKT
- The Dean’s List: What companies will benefit from Canada’s commitment to critical materials? https://bit.ly/3PRPjgt
- Adding ounces in the heart of the new Yukon Gold Rush https://bit.ly/3cwAKAv
- InvestorIntel Appoints Publisher & Editor In Chief Stephen Lautens As Director https://bit.ly/3v4D8ok
- Rewarding shareholders is the golden rule at Endeavour Mining https://bit.ly/3aMSBCO
- Cam Currie of Canaccord Genuity talks about metals as a vital hedge against inflationary pressure https://bit.ly/3RGyWF2
While InvestorIntel.com is focused on the overall capital market, our Top 10 Trending section is in my humble opinion something anyone interested in markets will deem a treat. For instance, the Lynas story written a month ago by Jack Lifton is back on top and 7 of the Top 10 are all critical mineral stories. Frankly, my favorite on this Top 10 for critical minerals was Dean Bristow’s piece on the new S&P/TSX Battery Metals, which is ranked #3, and our new Editor in Chief Stephen Lauten’s #10 position on how China may be a good Bond villain, but in the case of the rare earths smear campaign — evidence is, what?
Now the non-critical minerals sector found our audience’s interest in the interviews with Steve Saviuk of Valeo Pharma Inc. (TSX: VPH | OTCQB: VPHIF | FSE: VP2) and John Putters from Visionstate Corp. (TSXV: VIS) intriguing…. recommend you watch and leave a comment, thank you.
Top 10 Trending on InvestorIntel.com
- DoD awards Australia’s Lynas $120 million to build a heavy rare earths facility in the USA: I have questions https://bit.ly/3bqMHqX (June 28, 2022 – Editor, Jack Lifton)
- The Critical Minerals List is Becoming More Critical https://bit.ly/3a2XIOy (June 27, 2022 – Editor, Robert Scannell)
- The new S&P/TSX Battery Metals Index – what were they thinking? https://bit.ly/3P9nbFA (July 14, 2022 – Editor, Dean Bristow)
- Gold company Presidents and CEOs talk about the return of gold investments and investors https://bit.ly/3y0scZt (June 27, 2022 – Interview Host, Stephen Lautens)
- Steve Saviuk of Valeo Pharma talks about revenue growth following impressive market gains https://bit.ly/3ONggBB (July 5, 2022 – Interview Host, Tracy Weslosky)
- Tungsten – the other critical metal and a way to play it https://bit.ly/3IK8B4S (July 1, 2022 – Editor, Byron W King)
- Jack Lifton talks with Dr. Anthony Mariano, “the most senior rare earths geologist on the planet” https://bit.ly/3yr7fIT (June 28, 2022 – Interview Host, Jack Lifton)
- Gordana Slepcev of Lomiko Metals talks about their 18,000m drill program and graphite’s ESG future https://bit.ly/3R82DyF (July 6, 2022 – Interview Host, Tracy Weslosky)
- John Putters of Visionstate talks about doubling its WANDA facilities software subscribers https://bit.ly/3bYHvdR (July 7, 2022 – Interview Host, Tracy Weslosky)
- China may be a good Bond villain, but rare earths experts are skeptical it’s behind smear campaign https://bit.ly/3aZcCGo (June 29, 2022 – Editor, Stephen Lautens)
Speaking of intriguing, we did several outstanding interviews last week when it comes to breaking news.
- July 21, 2022 – Zentek CEO Greg Fenton talks about bringing new antimicrobial HVAC filters to market https://bit.ly/3aQPRV3
- July 20, 2022 – Terry Lynch of Power Nickel talks about its new NI 43-101 mineral resource estimate at Nisk https://bit.ly/3cvVA2E
- July 18, 2022 – Anthony Tennyson of Awakn Life Sciences on commercializing its addiction treatment therapeutics https://bit.ly/3yLQIhr
- July 18, 2022 – Cam Currie of Canaccord Genuity talks about metals as a vital hedge against inflationary pressure https://bit.ly/3RGyWF2
Do you follow our Member section? Here is the ii8 System user news highlights from last week.
ii8 System News Releases for the Week in Review for July 18-24, 2022:
- July 22, 2022 – Search Minerals Files NI 43-101 Technical Report for the Deep Fox and Foxtrot Project in South East Labrador https://bit.ly/3Bf4wnu
- July 21, 2022 – Lomiko Announces Closing of Flow-Through Private Placement and Update on Regional Graphite Exploration and Bourier Lithium Project https://bit.ly/3b1yFfh
- July 21, 2022 – Ucore Secures Line of Credit Financing, Maintains Its Fast Track Plan for RapidSX Commercial Deployment https://bit.ly/3PKfCF7
- July 21, 2022 – Neo Performance Materials Announces Second Quarter 2022 Earnings Release & Conference Call https://bit.ly/3aXMFXx
- July 20, 2022 – Search Minerals Receives $1,075,481 From Exercise of Warrants https://bit.ly/3v3JJj2
- July 20, 2022 – Visionstate Corp. Provides Corporate Update https://bit.ly/3B4TNfe
- July 20, 2022 – Awakn Life Sciences’ Phase III Trial Approved for Approximately CA$2.5 Million Funding from UK State Covering 66% of Costs https://bit.ly/3PD65jd
- July 20, 2022 – American Rare Earths Limited: June 2022 Quarterly Activities Report https://bit.ly/3PkEvaA
- July 19, 2022 – Sixth Wave Updates on Affinity(TM) System Installation Schedule https://bit.ly/3B1efh7
- July 19, 2022 – Power Nickel Releases Initial NI 43-101 Compliant Mineral Resource Estimate on the Nisk Project https://bit.ly/3craiIr
- July 19, 2022 – Moovly Partners With DAM Solution Provider Widen to Offer Enterprises Brand-Aligned Video Creation Solutions https://bit.ly/3aRqi66
- July 18, 2022 – Zentek Files a Provisional Patent on the use of ZenGUARD(TM) as an Anti-Inflammatory Agent https://bit.ly/3PiFrMC
- July 18, 2022 – Volcanic Presents Update on Plans for Guatemala and Proposes Extension of Previously Issued Share Purchase Warrants https://bit.ly/3IMAJEy
Morning Chatter Excerpts* for July 25, 2022:
Canada’s main stock index futures was slightly higher boosted by commodity prices. Wall Street futures edged higher as markets braced for a Federal Reserve policy meeting during the week and a slew of earnings reports that would likely show the impact of a strong dollar and soaring inflation on corporate America. European shares rose, after earlier falling on weak German data. Japan’s Nikkei snapped a seven-day winning streak to end lower. The U.S. dollar fell and major rivals gained as risk appetite returned to currency markets. Gold prices inched higher. Oil climbed as markets juggled Fed hike with supply fears.
Wall Street futures edged higher as markets braced for a Federal Reserve policy meeting during the week and a slew of earnings reports that would likely show the impact of a strong dollar and soaring inflation on corporate America. European shares rose, after earlier falling on weak German data. Japan’s Nikkei snapped a seven-day winning streak to end lower. The U.S. dollar fell and major rivals gained as risk appetite returned to currency markets. Gold prices inched higher. Oil climbed as markets juggled Fed hike with supply fears.
STOCK & NEWS Highlights select from the Morning Chatter:
- China regulator denies report on data strategy to avoid U.S. delistings
China’s securities regulator denied a media report that said Beijing planned to sort U.S.-listed Chinese companies based on the sensitivity of the data they hold in an attempt to stop U.S. regulators from delisting hundreds of firms.
- FTXis planning to offer Voyager Digital’s customers access to some of their funds, the latest relief measure by the Sam Bankman-Fried-led cryptocurrency exchange for the ailing crypto industry…Under the plan, Alameda Ventures, the trading firm also founded by Bankman-Fried, would purchase all of Voyager’s digital assets and digital asset loans, except the loans to bankrupt crypto hedge fund Three Arrows Capital….Voyager’s customers could then receive some of those funds if they open an account with FTX. Such customers could either withdraw the cash balance immediately or use it to make purchases on FTX’s platform, the company said.
- Intel to produce Taiwanese company MediaTek’s chips: S. chipmaker Intel said it will produce chips for Taiwan’s MediaTek, one of the world’s largest chip design firms. The manufacturing arrangement is one of the most significant deals Intel has announced since it launched its so-called foundry business early last year.
- Rogers Communications Inc: The telecom operator said on Sunday it will invest C$10 billion over the next three years in Artificial Intelligence, and more testing and oversight, just weeks after it reported network issues that caused widespread disruptions across the country. Chief Executive Officer Tony Staffieri said the company has made progress on a formal agreement between carriers to switch 911 calls to each other’s networks automatically – even in the event of an outage on any carrier’s network. “I believe this is the only responsible way forward and I am personally committed to making it possible for all Canadians,” Staffieri said in a letter on Sunday. Staffieri said that Rogers Communications is physically separating wireless and internet services to create an ‘always on’ network – to help make sure the customers don’t experience an outage with both cellular and internet services again.
- Search Minerals Inc.(TSXV: SMY), is pleased to announce that the Preliminary Economic Assessment (“PEA”) NI 43-101 Technical Report on the Deep Fox and Foxtrot Project (the “Technical Report”) has been filed on SEDAR. The Technical Report, which is dated July 18, 2022, has an effective date of May 31, 2022 and is entitled “Technical Report on the Deep Fox and Foxtrot Project, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada Report for NI 43-101”…The results of the Technical Report were previously disclosed in summary form in the Company’s news release dated June 7th, 2022, “Search Minerals Announces Positive Preliminary Economic Assessment For The Deep Fox And Foxtrot Rare Earth Element Project With $2.23 Billion NPV”.
- Tesla Inc: The electric vehicle maker has received a second subpoena from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission over its Chief Executive Elon Musk’s tweets in 2018 about taking the company private, the automaker disclosed in a regulatory filing. The company said it received the subpoena on June 13 and will cooperate with the government authorities. The regulator did not immediately respond to a Reuters request for comment. In November last year, the regulator had subpoenaed Tesla related to a settlement that required Musk’s tweets on material information to be vetted. Separately, Tesla said it has converted about 75% of its bitcoin holdings into fiat currency and has recorded an impairment charge of $170 million related to the asset.
* Morning Chatter Note: I always start my day reading Kevin Thomsen’s Morning Chatter. If you would like a complimentary subscription to Kevin’s Morning Chatter, click here and/or send an email to email@example.com with “Subscribe”, and we are happy to get you on his list.
Disclaimer: InvestorIntel Corp. does not own Morning Chatter and does not assume any responsibility for the content. The excerpts selected above were chosen by Tracy Weslosky and reorganized to integrate the Canadian and American news together.
Interested in last week’s InvestorIntel Week in Review? For the InvestorIntel Week in Review for July 11-17, 2022, click here https://bit.ly/3oabzWP
Want to attend our InvestorTalk.com series? To sign up, go to InvestorTalk.com.
- 9-9:20 AM EST, Tuesday, July 26, 2022 — InvestorTalk.com with George Glasier from Western Uranium & Vanadium Corp. (CSE: WUC | OTCQX: WSTRF)
- 9-9:20 AM EST, Wednesday, July 27, 2022 — InvestorTalk.com with Maritz Smith from Alphamin Resources Corp. (TSXV: AFM)
- 9-9:20 AM EST, Thursday, July 28, 2022 — InvestorTalk.com with Don Bubar from Avalon Advanced Materials Inc. (TSX: AVL | OTCQB: AVLNF)
- 9-9:20 AM EST, Tuesday, August 2, 2022 — InvestorTalk.com with Constantine Karayannopoulos from Neo Performance Materials Inc. (TSX: NEO)
- 9-9:20 AM EST, Wednesday, August 3, 2022 — InvestorTalk.com with Trevor Doerksen from ePlay Digital Inc. (CSE: EPY)
- 9-9:20 AM EST, Thursday, August 4, 2022 — InvestorTalk.com with Peter Cashin from Imperial Mining Group Ltd. (TSXV: IPG | OTCQB: IMPNF)
- 9-9:20 AM EST, Tuesday, August 9, 2022 — InvestorTalk.com with James Tuer from Fjordland Exploration Inc. (TSXV: FEX)
- 9-9:20 AM EST, Wednesday, August 10, 2022 — InvestorTalk.com with Peter Clausi from CBLT Inc. (TSXV: CBLT)
- 9-9:20 AM EST, Thursday, August 11, 2022 — InvestorTalk.com with Jim Payne from dynaCERT Inc. (TSX: DYA | OTCQX: DYFSF | FRA: DMJ)
For any additional interest in participating in an InvestorTalk.com, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.