Zerbe: how IntelGenX saw opportunity with oral films
IntelGenX Technologies Corp. (TSXV: IGX / OTCQX: IGXT) is a pioneer in innovative drug delivery technologies addressing unmet medical and commercial needs. The company develops innovations in pharmaceutical delivery based on its proprietary drug formulation technologies. Fast dissolving films are among the latest advances in medicine delivery: these films are designed to dissolve upon contact with a wet surface, such as the tongue, meaning a patient needs no additional liquid. The drug is directly absorbed into systemic circulation so there is no degradation in the gastrointestinal tract. IntelGenX’s goal is to be the first choice for oral solid dose innovation.
May 10, 2016 — InvestorIntel publisher Tracy Weslosky interviews Horst G. Zerbe, President and CEO of IntelGenX Technologies Corp. Prior to founding IntelGenX, Dr Zerbe served as the president of Smartrix Technologies Inc. in Montreal, and as Vice President of R&D at LTS Lohmann Therapy Systems in West Caldwell, NJ. Dr. Zerbe holds over 40 patents in drug delivery related fields and has published numerous scientific papers in recognized journals.
In this interview, Dr Zerbe explains
- How oral film improves the appearance of a drug in the blood stream
- How oral film can replace injections for administering drugs
- The special benefits for children and aged patients, people who might have problems swallowing pills.
Dr Zerbe also discusses
- The advantages of repurposing drugs for addressing different illnesses
- How repurposing bypasses all the safety tests required by new drugs — because that has already been done in the original approval process
- And how IntelGenX is focusing on how the brain suffers cognitive impairment in people over 55 to access the full video, click here
Disclaimer: IntelGenX Technologies Corp. is an advertorial member of InvestorIntel.