Metallica Minerals – Sconi Scandium Project Positive Pre-Feasibility Study (PFS)
March 28, 2013 (Source: Metallica Minerals) — Metallica Minerals Ltd (ASX: MLM), is pleased to announce the positive results (summarised in Table 1) of its PFS for the 100% owned SCONI Phase 1 scandium project ideally located within the historic Greenvale nickel mine area, north west of Townsville in Queensland, Australia.
Get our daily investorintel update
- PFS demonstrates SCONI Phase 1 (100% owned) is an economically and technically viable project with considerable upside
- The project will produce scandium oxide (“scandia”) at >99.9% purity
- Project has attractive economics, with an NPV of $273M (8% discount rate, pre-tax, 100% equity, real terms) and a 20.6% IRR (pre-tax)
- Total capital cost is $247 million (including 20% contingency)
- Project ideally located with access to roads, water, power, ports, and the existing regional industrial hub of Townsville (see Figure 2 & 3)
- The PFS estimates average production of 51 tpa of scandia over a 20 year period, delivering a long project life and reliable supply
- Simplified scandium only flowsheet requiring no initial acid plant or power plant
- Scandia production to supply a portion of Bloom Energy’s requirements under the Heads of Agreement, and expected demand from other solid oxide fuel cell and aluminium alloy customers
For the full news release please click here
InvestorIntel is a trusted source of reliable information at the forefront of emerging markets that brings investment opportunities to discerning investors.