Alix Receives Additional Li Assays from the Tecolote Property, Electra Project, With 32% of Values Greater Than 1,000 ppm
December 7, 2016 (Source) — ALIX RESOURCES CORP. (“Alix” or the “Company”) (AIX-TSX:V) (37N–FRANKFURT) is pleased to report continuing positive Li assay results from the Agua Fria property, Electra Project located in Sonora, Mexico.
Highlights of the recent sampling on the Agua Fria discovery include:
- More lithium-rich clay layers were identified southwest of the large Tule concession (Electra project). These sedimentary sequences are interpreted to be similar in composition to those found on the nearby La Ventana property held by Bacanora Minerals and REM.;
- Assays from 31 samples were received, with 10 of 31 samples (32%) having > 1000 ppm lithium , and averaging 1135 ppm;
- The Li average of all 31 samples is 783 ppm;
- The lithium enrichment is widespread, and our sampling allowed the determination of a new high Li value of 1280 ppm;
- Clay layers are traced for approximately 4.5 kilometers along strike, with indications of width attaining over 800 meters;
Alix geologists are currently conducting an extensive hand-trenching program (extending for 400 meters) with continuous trenches proposed up to 120 meters in length. A new batch of 54 samples have been submitted to ALS Global in Hermosillo, Sonora for analysis. These trench samples and other samples will permit a more precise location of future drill holes during the maiden program on Agua Fria, which is scheduled for the Q1, 2017.
Mike England, president of Alix, stated: “We are very pleased with the continuing progress on the Agua Fria clay discovery, and continue to expand and refine targets. Along with our funding partner, Lithium Australia, we are looking forward to our maiden drill program on Li-rich targets in the first quarter 2017. The objective is to discover lithium-rich clay layers similar in grade to that of the Bacanora/REM La Ventana deposit.”
The technical contents of this release were approved by Dr. Michel Boily, PGeo, a qualified person as defined by National Instrument 43-101. The properties have not been the subject of a National Instrument 43-101 report.
About Alix Resources
Get our daily investorintel update
Alix Resources is a junior mining exploration company focused on seeking and acquiring world class lithium projects globally. Alix continues to evaluate suitable prospects that fit the mandate of the Company.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD
Michael England, President, CEO, Director
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
InvestorIntel is a trusted source of reliable information at the forefront of emerging markets that brings investment opportunities to discerning investors.