Alix Defines Lithium Target Over 2.5 Kilometer Strike Length on the Agua Fria Project, Sonora Mexico
September 1, 2017 (Source) – ALIX RESOURCES CORP. (“Alix” or the “Company”) (AIX-TSX:V) (37N–FRANKFURT) is pleased to announce the completion of its drill program on the Electra Project in the Agua Fria property located in Sonora, Mexico, in partnership with Lithium Australia. In total 16 RC holes were completed totaling 1762 meters of drill material on multiple targets (Table 2). Highlight of the exploration program includes the discovery of the “West Flank” lithium zone, which extends in a NNW-SSE direction for nearly 2.5 km on the western portion of the Agua Fria concession.
The “West Flank” lithium target is the most significant target and is defined by
- A surface grid sampling completed in May 2017 (rock chip sampling), with 33 samples returning Li assays around 1,000 ppm out of 187 samples in total;
- Three trenches undergoing systematic and continuous sampling yielding 949 ppm Li over 31 m, 954 ppm Li over 25 m and 928 ppm Li over 43 m, respectively.
- RC drill holes collared on the West Flank Target produced: 1,058 ppm Li over 33 m from the collar (AF-17-01), 1,031 ppm Li over 48 m form 63 meters (AF-17-02), 917 ppm Li over 30 m from 27 meters (AF-17-03), and 1,050 ppm Li over 24 m from the collar (AF-17-14) (see Table 1).
- RC drill holes sunk on the edge (east side) of the West Flank Target revealed assay values of 867 ppm Li over 24 m from the collar (AF-17-11), and 816 ppm Li over 45 m from the collar (AF-17-12) (see Table 1), Other RC drill holes did not provide significant results.
|HOLE_ID||From (m)||To (m)||Interval (m)||Li (ppm)|
- The West Flank lithium zone is 25 -50 m-thick, shallow dipping and provides the best potential to define a resource of significant tonnage near surface. Future efforts will be devoted to the West Flank target to establish the stratigraphic control of higher lithium concentrations.
New metallurgical testing, revealed acid leaching at 50°C achieving 99% extraction of Li in four hours with no roasting and expensive reagents required. A large sample is currently being collected for further metallurgical studies.
- In addition to significant Li values, the clay horizons at Agua Fria are characterized by anomalous potassium values, an element which may be recoverable as potassium sulphate, a major component of “NPK” fertilizers. This potentially adds a valuable by-product.
|HOLE_ID||Easting||Northing*||Elevation (m)||Azimuth (°)||Plunge (°)||Depth (m)|
|*WGS84; Zone 12N|
Alix Resources implemented a QA/QC program during the drilling at Aqua Fria. Drill samples were collected on 3 m intervals, the equivalent of one sample per drill rod. The entire sample was collected using buckets and sacks to catch as much of the fine fraction as possible. Samples were weighed, split using a riffle splitter to obtain a 5 kg sample in micro-pore bags to be sent to the ALS Hermosillo Laboratory. A representative sample was also collected for the chip tray and Z-300 on site analysis. Surface and trench samples were collected using grub hoes and/or shovels, providing 3-5 kg samples which were put in a plastic bag, tagged and sealed before being transported to the laboratory. Samples were shipped from the site directly to ALS laboratory and transported by Alix representatives.
Get our daily investorintel update
Preparation package PREP-31 was requested which includes crushing at 70% <2mm and reduction to a pulp 85% <75um. Pulps were sent to the Vancouver ALS laboratory where they underwent dissolution by 4 acid digestion (perchloric, nitric, hydrofluoric and hydrochloric acids) and analyzed by inductively coupled plasma- atomic emission spectrometry for 48 elements: Ag, Al, As, Ba, Be, Bi, Ca, Cd, Ce, Co, Cr, Cs, Cu, Fe, Ga, Ge, Hf, In, K, La, Li, Mg, Mn, Mo, Na, Nb, Ni, P, Pb, Rb, Re, S, Sb, Sc, Se, Sn, Sr, Ta, Te, Th, Ti, Tl, U, V, W, Y, Zn, Zr (package ME-MS6). Blanks, standards and duplicates were inserted every 10th sample in the following sequence: duplicate, standard GTA-07, blank, duplicate, standard GTA-02, blank. Blanks were sourced locally from a clay unit that averaged 26 ppm Li, Duplicates were taken on site with the riffle splitter. Standards were provided by Geostats PTY LTD.
Lithium mineralization on the Agua Fria project occurs in a similar geological context to that of the nearby Sonora lithium project, owned by Bacanora Minerals Ltd. and Rare Earth Minerals PLC (REM). The Sonora lithium project, has established an indicated mineral resources4.5 Mt (LCE) and 2.7 Mt of inferred mineral resource, in accordance with NI 43-101 norm.
Mike England, president of Alix, stated: “We are very pleased with the results of the recent RC drill program and the ongoing metallurgical studies, directed by our partner Lithium Australia. With a focus on outlining higher grades in the West Flank zone and the encouraging beneficiation strategies, it is our objective to define an economic lithium resource, similar in grade and size to that of the Bacanora/REM La Ventana deposit.”
Cautionary statement: Although geological similarities are interpreted between Alix’s Agua Fria and Bacanora Sonora project, readers are cautioned that the Company has not discovered nor defined a similar deposit, nor completed a prefeasibility or feasibility study which establishes mineral reserves with demonstrated economic and technical viabilities.
The technical contents of this release were approved by Dr. Michel Boily, PGeo, a qualified person as defined by National Instrument 43-101. The properties have not been the subject of a National Instrument 43-101 report.
About Alix Resources
Alix Resources is a junior mining exploration company focused on seeking and acquiring world class lithium projects globally. Alix continues to evaluate suitable prospects that fit the mandate of the Company.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD
Michael England, President, CEO, Director
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
InvestorIntel is a trusted source of reliable information at the forefront of emerging markets that brings investment opportunities to discerning investors.