Vulture Stock Alert: Rare Earths an Appetizing Treat for 2013.
If ever there was a time to buy: today is the day. As our dear friend the Gene Arensberg the “Vulture Stock King “would say – nothing’s tastier than a vulture stock. There is so much to comment on in 2012, so anticipate numerous follow-ups, but in order for you to have time to absorb the endless buying opportunities here; I wanted to get these numbers up as soon as possible.
For starters, the bludgeoning officially ended for the rare earth stock portfolios in December with half a dozen stocks flat-lining and another half breaking the green. ProEdgeWire members closed barely down the month at -0.01% or break even. The REE Leaders Index fared consistently with the ProEdgeWire members, starting the month at 627.124 points, and closing on the 31st of December at 611.772: the REE Leaders index was down 15.35 points or -2.45%.
The 2012 numbers were so hard to absorb that I am not sure I have anything positive to say other than the year is over and I hope you had the following half a dozen companies in your portfolio last year, because this means you made money.
2012 REE & Critical Mineral Performers:
- Critical Elements Corporation (TSXV: CRE +64.29%| OTCQX: CRECF +84.62)
- Ucore Rare Metals Inc. (TSXV: UCU +35.14%| OTCQX: UURAF +32.43%)
- Medallion Resources Ltd. (TSXV: MDL +28.57%| OTCQX: MLLOF +28.57)
- Orbite Aluminae Inc. (TSX: ORT +1.24%| OTCQX: EORBF +4.17%)
- Focus Graphite Inc. (TSXV: FMS 0%| OTCQX: FCSMF +5.88%)
- Rare Element Resources (TSX: RES -2.03%| NYSE MKT: +1.49%)
The REE Leaders Index is the best ROW REE sector indicator in the world. Calculated by FTSE, the REE Leaders Index opened on January 3rd, 2012 with 1005.548 points and closed on December 31st with 611.772: Down 393.78 points
or -39.16% for the year. ProEdgeWire members fared somewhat better, down -31.33% for 2012 (see below graph).
Again, we have had our market sector stabilize; with half a dozen companies have their stocks close at 0% for December 2012.
Market Movers for December 2012:
- Texas Rare Earth Resources Ltd. (OTCQX: TRER +130.43%)
- Focus Graphite Inc. (TSXV: FMS +25.46%| OTCQX: FCSMF +35.85%)
- IBC Advanced Alloys Corp. (TSXV: IB +11.11%| OTCQX: IAALD +22.22%)
- Pele Mountain (TSXV: GEM +20% OTCQX: GOLDF +20%)
- TUC Resources Ltd. (ASX: TUC +16.67)
- Critical Elements Corporation TSXV: CRE +15%| OTCQX: CRECF +11.52)
- Galileo Resources PLC (AIM: GLR +11.24%)
- Medallion Resources Ltd. TSXV: MDL 0%| OTCQX: MLLOF +7.98)
- Frontier Rare Earths Limited (TSX: FRO +6.67%)
- Matamec Explorations Inc. (TSXV: MAT +5.88%| OTCQX: MHRED 0%)
- Avalon Rare Metals Inc. (TSX: AVL +2.21%| NYSE MKT: AVL -2.16%)
To see today’s market prices for ProEdgeWire members or for the Top 25 Market Cap Leaders, click here
The above is written by ProEdgeWire’s Publisher, Tracy Weslosky. Tracy is not a registered investment advisor and is not making any buy recommendations. For more information, email Publisher@ProEdgeWire.com.
InvestorIntel.com is a leading online source of investor information that provides public market coverage for both investors and industry alike. A qualified online influencer through ... <Read more about InvestorIntel>