Petronas Commitment Leads the Rush to Invest in Canada’s LNG Export Industry
LONDON, June 25, 2013 (Source: PRNewswire) — Malaysian national oil company, Petronas, recently stated it will invest $20 billion in the Pacific Northwest LNG project on Canada’s west coast, reinforcing the recent surge of interest and investment into Canada as a major potential LNG exporter. As federal and state lawmakers continue to provide an open and investor-friendly business environment, will Canada ultimately prove a more attractive LNG opportunity for long-term Asian investors over their neighbours, the United States?
Such issues will be examined and debated in a pioneering new forum dedicated to the exciting and ambitious plans to develop LNG export from Canada. The “Canadian LNG Export Forum” will take place in Canada’s energy epicentre – Calgary – between the 17th and 19th September 2013, and will welcome leading Asian investors and stakeholders to speak alongside national and state experts and lawmakers.
Get our daily investorintel update
Leading regional and international expert speakers include:
- Kunio Nohata, Executive Officer & Senior General Manager of Gas Resources, Tokyo Gas Co. Ltd
- Noriyoshi Torigoe, Executive Officer, Americas, Japan Bank for International Cooperation
- Hon. Perrin Beatty, President & CEO, Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- Jean Abiteboul, President – Supply & Marketing, Cheniere Hon.
- Jim Prentice, Senior Executive Vice President & Vice Chairman, CIBC
- Paul Jeakins, Commissioner & CEO, BC Oil & Gas Commission
- Shinya Miyazaki, CEO, Diamond Gas Management Canada Ltd (subsidiary of Mitsubishi Corporation)
- Peter Hansen, CEO, Oregon LNG
- Byng Giraud, Vice President Corporate Affairs, Woodfibre Natural Gas Limited (A Pacific Oil & Gas Company)
The event has already gained the interest of major stakeholders, with sponsors including Norton Rose Fulbright, Deloitte, AG&P, GTT, Wison, Fluor, WorleyParsons, CDS Research Ltd, and Aecon.
The Canada LNG Export Forum will uncover the strategic and commercial opportunities for producers and project developers to capitalize on exporting LNG to the Asian Pacific markets.
For more information please visit: http://www.canadalngexport.com
InvestorIntel is a trusted source of reliable information at the forefront of emerging markets that brings investment opportunities to discerning investors.