Media Advisory – Goldcorp Inc. officially inaugurates its Éléonore mine
July 31, 2015 (Source: CNW) — GOLDCORP INC. (TSX: G, NYSE: GG) will officially inaugurate its Éléonore mine, located on the Eeyou Istchee James Bay territory in Northern Québec, today. The ceremony begins at 10:30 a.m. EDT.
- Pierre Arcand, Minister of Energy and Natural Resources, Minister responsible for the Plan Nord, Minister responsible for the Côte-Nord region.
- Dr. Matthew Coon Come, Grand Chief of the Grand Council of the Crees (Eeyou Istchee)
- Christine Moore, Member of Parliament for Abitibi—Témiscamingue
- Manon Cyr, Chair of the Eeyou Istchee James Bay Regional Government and Mayor of Chibougamau
- Dennis Georgekish, Chief of the Cree Nation of Wemindji
- Dr. Ian Telfer, Goldcorp Chairman of the Board
- Chuck Jeannes, Goldcorp President and Chief Executive Officer
- Guy Belleau, General Manager of Goldcorp’s Éléonore Mine
Get our daily investorintel update
This is an exceptional, large-scale gold mining project. Construction took place between 2011 and 2014. Goldcorp invested approximately US $2 billion, creating over 2,000 jobs in the construction phase.
Data regarding the economic benefits, as well as high-resolution photographs and videos of the Éléonore mine are available upon request.
A press release, photographs and videos will be made available following the ceremony.
About GOLDCORP INC.
Goldcorp (TSX: G, NYSE: GG) is one of the world’s fastest growing gold producers. Its low-cost gold production is located in safe jurisdictions in the Americas and remains 100% unhedged. www.goldcorp.com
Raj Shah has professional experience working for over a half a dozen years at financial firms such as Merrill Lynch and First Allied Securities Inc., ... <Read more about Raj Shah>