Environmental Waste International Announces 2014 Shareholders’ Meeting Results
June 4, 2014 (Source: Marketwired) — Environmental Waste International Inc. (“EWI”) (TSX VENTURE:EWS) (the “Company”), a company specializing in eco-friendly systems with proven patented technology for the breakdown of organic materials, today announced the results from its Annual and Special Shareholders’ Meeting held on June 2, 2014 in Toronto, Ontario.
The following proposals were approved during the meeting.
- All of management’s nominees for the Company’s Board of Directors, Sam Geist, Emanuel Gerard, Valdis Martinsons, Daniel Kaute, Bob Guo and Thomas Russell, were elected;
- Ernst & Young, LLP, were re-appointed as the Company’s auditors and the directors were authorized to fix the auditors remuneration;
- The shareholders confirmed and ratified the existing 10% rolling stock option plan. Under the plan, a maximum of 10% of the issued and outstanding Common Shares at the time of the grant are authorized to be issued;
- The Board of Directors has been given the discretion to change the name of the Corporation to Environmental Waste Solutions Inc. and amend the Corporation’s Articles accordingly; and
- The Board of Directors has been given the discretion to consolidate the Common Shares on the basis of one new Common Share for up to five old Common Shares. The board has no intention of consolidating the Company’s shares at this time, but may do so in the future if the directors believe it would be in the best interests of EWI and its shareholders to do so.
The Company also issued 2,200,000 stock options to the Board of Directors (750,000 to Daniel Kaute, 500,000 each to Emanuel Gerard and Valdis Martinsons, and 150,000 each to Sam Geist, Bob Guo and Thomas Russell) with an exercise price of $0.10, and 2,460,000 options to employees and consultants with an exercise price of $0.10. All options vest over 3 years except the consultant’s options which vest at the discretion of the Board. All options expire on June 2, 2019.
About Environmental Waste International Inc.
Environmental Waste International, Inc. specializes in eco-friendly systems for the breakdown of organic materials such as tires. EWI has spent over fifteen years engineering systems that integrate the EWI patented Reverse Polymerization™ process and proprietary microwave delivery system. EWI’s unique microwave technology safely processes and recycles waste tires, while creating a highly valuable commodity output for the industry including carbon black, oil and steel. Each unit is designed to be energy efficient and where possible, create an economically positive model for the recovery of various hydrocarbon oil and gasses. For more information please visit www.ewi.ca.
This news release includes certain forward-looking statements that are based upon current expectations, which involve risks and uncertainties associated with the Company’s business and the environment in which the business operates. Any statements contained herein that are not statements of historical facts may be deemed to be forward-looking, including those identified by the expressions “anticipate”, “believe”, “plan”, “estimate”, “expect”, “intend”, and similar expressions to the extent they relate to the Company or its management. The forward-looking statements are not historical facts, but reflect the Company’s current expectations regarding future results or events. These forward-looking statements are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results or events to differ materially from current expectations, including the matters discussed under “Risks and Uncertainties” in the Company’s most recent Management Discussion & Analysis, which can be found on the Company’s profile at www.sedar.com. The Company assumes no obligation to update the forward-looking statements, or to update the reasons why actual results could differ from those reflected in the forward-looking statements.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Raj Shah has been a member of the InvestorIntel.com team for the last nearly 9 years. Recruited from Merrill Lynch, he has over 13 years’ ... <Read more about Raj Shah>