Valeo Pharma’s approval and launch of immune support product line Redesca and Redesca HP anticipated to impact first half 2021 revenue
Most investors know that the pharmaceutical industry is a huge and mostly very profitable industry. What they may not know is that it is highly competitive making it hard for new players to break into the sector. One way to do that is to have a specialty focus; another is to bring a new drug to market at the right time. Right now immune support products are a hot sector as coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to ravage the world. A
Valeo Pharma Inc. (CSE: VPH | OTCQB: VPHIF) (‘Valeo’) has a specialty pharmaceuticals focus and their newly launched immune support product HesperCo™ looks like being a possible winner as we all look to boost our immune systems to prevent or fight COVID-19. HesperCo™ is Valeo’s unique hesperidin formulation. Natural product hesperidin is a flavonoid with powerful antioxidant properties that help support the immune system.
In a September 2020 news release Valeo stated: “We have high expectations for HesperCo™, which will be launched nationally in the coming weeks, as the immune support it provides is needed in the current healthcare environment.” Since this press release HesperCo™ has been launched.
Valeo Pharma’s latest product HesperCo™ is an immune support medicine that may potentially prove useful in the fight against COVID-19
Other new Valeo products that have been launched recently – Yondelis, Ametop Gel, Ethacrynate Sodium and soon Amikacin & Redesca
- Yondelis – An anti-neoplastic (anti-cancer) agent that aims to prevent, inhibit or halt the development of a neoplasm (cancerous growth). Clearly this is a hugely needed and important area.
- Ametop Gel – A topical analgesic used for local anaesthetic prior to venepuncture.
- Ethacrynate Sodium – A saluretic-diuretic agent that is useful to support Nephrotic Syndrome (a kidney disease that causes patients to pass too much protein in their urine). Commercialization has just begun in the U.S.
- Amikacin – A specialty hospital antibiotic. Valeo has recently received Health Canada approval with commercialization to start in the first half of 2021.
- Redesca and Redesca HP – Valeo has just announced yesterday that they received Health Canada approval for Redesca and Redesca HP (low molecular weight heparin biosimilars). Low molecular weight heparin is increasingly used to prevent serious COVID-19 complications such as thrombosis (blood clots) and pulmonary embolism. Valeo says that commercial launch of Redesca and Redesca HP will impact first half 2021 revenue and is forecast to achieve $30 million annual peak sales.
More about Valeo Pharma
Valeo’s strategy is to focus on specialty areas such as neurodegenerative diseases, oncology, and hospital specialty products. Valeo is focused on those therapeutic fields where a relatively small number of general practitioners or specialist physicians account for the majority of prescriptions written. This can be a more effective strategy to gain success, especially for smaller pharma companies.
Valeo Pharma is driven by the desire to become a leading Canadian focused specialty pharmaceutical company and to be the partner of choice for international companies wishing to enter the Canadian market.
Valeo had a productive Q3, 2020 with 4 new products added to their commercial pipeline. Q3 net revenues were C$1.5 million and YTD 2020 net revenues were C$5.3 million.
Valeo Pharma’s product portfolio and product pipeline
Valeo Pharma’s revenue is forecast to grow very strongly through to 2022
Specialty pharma in the areas of infectious disease (think COVID-19), oncology (cancer), neuro-degenerative diseases (think nerve diseases), and hospital specialty products all look to be areas of strong future demand.
Valeo Pharma is focusing on these high growth specialty areas in Canada. As a result of past products and several recent new product launches Valeo’s revenue is forecast to increase sharply in the next 2 years. The current market cap is C$74 million.
Matthew Bohlsen is a Senior Editor for InvestorIntel.com. With a Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance and Investment, and a Graduate Diploma in Financial Planning. He ... <Read more about Matthew Bohlsen>