Expanding globally in the AI image based diagnosis sector, Diagnos is actively commercializing their CARA technology
CARA’s Artificial Intelligence image enhancement algorithms make standard retinal images sharper, clearer and easier to read. CARA is accessible securely over the internet, and is compatible with all recognized image formats and brands of fundus cameras, and is EMR compatible. Targeting the early detection of these diseases by using AI to better examine and diagnose patients as early as possible is the focus for Diagnos Inc. (TSXV: ADK | OTCQB: DGNOF) (‘Diagnos’).
Diagnos uses an Artificial Intelligence (AI) tool known as CARA (Computer Assisted Retina Analysis) to examine patient’s retinas in the eye for the early detection of diseases such as diabetics, hypertension and other cardiovascular disease. CARA is a tele-ophthalmology platform that integrates with existing equipment (hardware and software). CARA’s AI image enhancement algorithms make standard retinal images sharper, clearer and easier to read.
Key winning features of CARA:
- CARA is accessible securely over the internet and is compatible with all recognized image formats and brands of fundus cameras.
- CARA is a cost-effective tool for screening large numbers of patients in real-time.
- CARA complies with local regulations, is FDA cleared for commercialization in the United States of America, is Health Canada licensed for commercialization in Canada, licensed by the Saudi FDA, COFEPRIS in Mexico and is CE marking compliant in Europe.
Diagnos’ AI software enhances the ability to detect early-stage cardiovascular disease by viewing the retina of the eye
Diagnos has already had their CARA platform in production since mid-February 2020 and will be following with further applications and enhancements for the technology. Diagnos already operates in 16 countries, 131 screening sites, and has 222,034 patients under their care. The Company is fully funded until about mid 2022 and should continue to grow revenues as their CARA platform commercializes further.
Diagnos operates in 16 countries and has 222,034 patients under care
The latest news just the past month shows how quickly Diagnos is commercializing. For example:
- 24 February, 2021 – Exclusive Strategic Partnership Agreement with Labtician Ophthalmics, a leader in Canadian and International eyecare markets. Labtician Ophthalmics has customers across Canada and will introduce and commercialize Diagnos’ AI platform to monitor ocular health and improve patient care in diabetic patients.
- 2 February, 2021 – Further deployment of Diagnos’ AI based CARA Technology in Saudi Arabia. Dr. Salman Abdullah Al-Mutairi, Executive Director of Enayah Charitable Association stated:
“For almost three years, Enayah has been using DIAGNOS’ AI based CARA platform successfully to screen thousands of diabetic patients for diabetic retinopathy with an early detection test. By using DIAGNOS’ telemedicine solution we have been able to identify patients needing care early so their vision can be saved. As part of our “Combating Blindness” program, we are extremely pleased to extend this service and add it to other tests in our fleet of vans of Mobile Smart Eye Clinics.”
Diagnos Inc. is in the early days of commercializing their CARA technology having only begun in mid-February 2020, approximately a year ago. This is good news for investors as the company is trading on a market cap of just C$39 million.
I see (no pun intended) exciting times ahead for this company in a potentially huge market.
Matthew Bohlsen is a Senior Editor for InvestorIntel.com. With a Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance and Investment, and a Graduate Diploma in Financial Planning. He ... <Read more about Matthew Bohlsen>