This weekend was spent enjoying reviewing an interview with Elon Musk, hosted by Head of Ted, Chris Anderson, from April 2022. Click here to access: Elon Musk talks Twitter, Tesla and how his brain works. Seeking enlightenment on his perceived value of Twitter and the capital markets as a news media outlet, it is clear that Musk is a self-professed truthseeker. Arguing that the fortitude behind Twitter, combined with the speed to coverage, makes it an undeniable tool for freedom of speech, the backbone for democracy.
Reviewing a Forbes column on Musk’s recent sell-a-thon of Tesla shares, it is clear that whether he buys or litigates, he has the funds to do so. Forbes.com highlights include: (a) “Musk sold $6.88 billion in Tesla shares earlier this month, accounting for around 7.92 million shares total, reports Forbes.” (b) Adding that Musk “has sold almost $7 billion worth of Tesla stock in recent days …brings the total liquidation to over $15 billion so far this year, and almost $32 billion over the past 12 months.” And (c) “Speculation is that the funds are being gathered in order to fund Musk’s lawsuit with Twitter, and to provide capital should he be forced to pay a fine or go ahead with the purchase.”
Conclusion & Recommendation: Twitter continues to be the top social media outlet for news updates and if you’re not on it, get on it today. My vote? Musk, get in there – clean it up, and BUY it.
Sent this from a NYC financier on August 13th titled “Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, and Other Billionaires are Funding a Quest for Rare Minerals Buried Beneath Greenland’s Ice Capable to Build Electric Cars and Renewable Batteries” (click here to access).
Suspicious of the PR machine behind it, not to mention the experience of working with Greenland residents who make Californians look slack on environmental issues, deemed it to be both irrelevant and/or wishful thinking. Then this breaking news came out today: Hudson Resources and Neo Performance Sign Agreement on the Sarfartoq Rare Earth Element Project In Greenland (click here to access), one is driven to rethink this position.
To Do: Interview Jack Lifton on the Neo Performance/Greenland deal. Discuss the rare earths in Greenland and correct perhaps my own misconceptions on previous media coverage that the residents will not allow anyone to secure production. This to include reaching out to Dr. Ruben Shiffman from Greenland Resources Inc. (NEO: MOLY) and invite him to the Critical Minerals Summit on Wednesday, November 9, 2022.
Finally, in reference to Twitter Tips, in addition to constantly reminding companies to include both their trading symbols and web URL on their “About” information on Twitter, was watching an expert explain how to be an effective Twitter user. He says that we should find a passion topic and keep our readers interested in something we are engaged in.
“Engage your reader…” is a theme repeated over and over.
Thinking about this, my favorite Twitter user is Terry Lynch of Power Nickel Inc. (TSXV: PNPN | OTCQB: CMETF) — “Canada’s Next LOW-CARBON HIGH-GRADE Nickel Mine”. Terry is behind Save Canadian Mining and is a front-runner in the market on discussions about the negative impact on the market from predatory short selling. Elon Musk specifically addresses the unprecedented levels of attacks on him and Tesla on this front, so perhaps Elon will enjoy Terry’s most recent tweet….
Terry Lynch posts this via @SCMining on Twitter and writes: @IIROCinfo has made a very important statement. This puts Investment Banks on notice – the liability for predatory naked #shortselling is on them. This is a great start to correcting a major problem in our markets (click here to access).
Now for the week in review for the week of August 15-19, 2022.
The Top 10 Trending Columns on InvestorIntel.com for the last 30-days include:
- Nano One’s cathode materials are inventing the zero-emission battery future
- What does the replacement of the Australian Strategic Materials CEO mean?
- MP Materials is riding the rare earths tonnes per year train
- The Dean’s List – Part 1: What rare earths company will benefit from Canada’s commitment to critical minerals?
- The Dean’s List – Part 2: What nickel company will benefit from Canada’s commitment to critical minerals?
- Disregarding ESG standards is key to China’s rare earths dominance
- Eye on the price of uranium, Cameco brings crown jewel back into production and Ur-Energy is set to go.
- Lynas Bets $500 Million on Rare Earths Market Expansion
- China owns the Green revolution with falling prices of critical technology minerals
- Appia Rare Earths & Uranium by the numbers
We published 2 interviews. A slowdown in video output here due to our Director and Editor for 21-years running off to Croatia to get married!
InvestorIntel Interviews WATCH (please of course):
- August 17, 2022 – Peter Clausi talks about CBLT receiving the option payment on its Chilton Cobalt property
- August 16, 2022 – Mark Billings of Auxico Resources Canada on Completing Its Second Trade of Rare Earths Ore
And now —- if you missed the features, you could NOT go wrong by reviewing any of the below written by brilliant analysts and professionals such as Dean Bristow, Bob Hanes, Byron W King and Mel Sanderson.
InvestorIntel Columns to REVIEW:
- A titan of titanium – with a big HAMR
- Zentek sets its sights on treating skin conditions as it expands potential uses for its ZenGUARD graphene coating
- Has gold lost its shine for investors?
- The Dean’s List – Part 5: Which manganese companies could benefit from Canada’s commitment to critical minerals?
- The Inflation Reduction Act delivers a mixed bag of successes and failures for EVs and the green economy
Special Thanks to ii8 System Users. This membership program is what helps us invest in independent market coverage by world class writers. Publishing the news output from all the ii8 System users, here is the list of news coverage for the week of August 15-19, 2022.
ii8 System News Releases for the Week in Review for August 15-21, 2022:
- August 19, 2022 – Hemostemix Announces Unit Private Placement
- August 19, 2022 – Rackla Metals Provides Exploration Update
- August 18, 2022 – Bald Eagle Announces Name Change to Hercules Silver Corp.
- August 18, 2022 – Sixth Wave Announces Addition of Patricia Steadman, BSEE, to the Board of Directors
- August 18, 2022 – TRU Closes Option Agreement for Staghorn Project and Achieves Strategic Consolidation of Cape Ray – Valentine Lake Shear Zone
- August 18, 2022 – Awakn Life Sciences Signs Second Licensing Partnership Agreement and Expands Commercial Operations Into Canada
- August 17, 2022 – CBLT Completes Sampling at Shatford Lake (Lithium)
- August 17, 2022 – Avalon Provides Update on Separation Rapids Lithium Project
- August 17, 2022 – Troilus Drills 101m @ 1.27 g/t AuEq, Incl. 3.31 g/t AuEq Over 20m, and 65m @ 1.58 g/t AuEq, Incl. 22m @ 3.26 g/t AuEq, Extends High-Grade Mineralization +200m to the North and South of the Formerly Active Z87 Pit; Provides Pre-Feasibility Study Update
- August 17, 2022 – Neo Secures $75 Million Loan to Finance Expansion and Relocation of its Environmental Emissions Catalyst Business
- August 17, 2022 – Placement to Support North American Rare Earths Growth Strategy
- August 16, 2022 – DLV Resources Ltd. and West Red Lake Gold Mines Inc. Announce Binding Agreement for Business Combination
- August 16, 2022 – Fjordland Exploration Begins Drilling at South Voisey’s Bay
- August 16, 2022 – TRU Options Out Its Twilite Gold Project to Eastern Precious Metals
- August 16, 2022 – Nickel 28 Announces Results of Annual Meeting
- August 15, 2022 – Silver Bullet Mines Corp. Closes Financing
- August 15, 2022 – Nickel 28 Releases Update on Giga Royalty: Secures Mitsubishi as Development Partner
- August 15, 2022 – Voyageur Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Announces Resignation of CFO and Appointment of Interim CFO and Shares for Debt Transaction
- August 15, 2022 – Awakn Life Sciences Expands Commercial Operations into the U.S. – First Licensing Partnership Agreement with Revitalist
Want to get in touch with me? Send an email to email@example.com, and here’s to a great week!