Testing Time (and Miracles) Required for the Inflation Reduction Act to Achieve Goals — plus, InvestorIntel’s Week in Review for August 1-7, 2022
Anyone who knows me, appreciates that I have a penchant for time. To me, time is the greatest tool for living life well. And a well-disciplined schedule accompanied by hard work is the only formula that works to achieve success. This morning as I contemplate the speed of life, I am reminded of an account manager in my past that simply could not show up on time…
Background: While the talents of this professional were endless, his incessant commitment to coming in late was a pain point for the entire team that would eventually cost him his job. He roughly showed up late over 30-days, but it was always within 20-minutes, making it a grey line.
During the period in which our team attempted to yield to his habitual lateness due to sheer optimism that our investment in our collective efforts would help him change, I researched this topic extensively for a spectrum of remedies. And in this process, I discovered a something that surprised me.
Ask someone you trust to take a watch and say “start”. And then say “time” when you believe 1-minute has passed. I did this with this employee and his translation of 60-seconds was 1:14, or 74 seconds. Then I was tested, and my perception of 1-minute was 43 seconds. Allow me to add that both perceptions have similar issues and helped me understand why late individuals aggravated me so much. While the disparity between my concept of time and the individual I was working with was too great for us to work well together, this understanding was quite revealing and provided transformative wisdom that has benefited my own work processes.
I think the US Senate needs to check their watches and perform this test.
Today, as the US Senate passes an Inflation Reduction Act with $370 billion aimed at effecting a 40% drop in greenhouse gas emissions by 2030, I am reminded of the speed of time. While 8 years may sound like an incredible runway to achieve this goal: I do not. And remember, I am the entrepreneur that perceives time with a discount, which means I should arguably perceive 8 years of time as an investment of 11 years of average work.
So, even with 11 years of time, I do not believe that this goal can be achieved without critical thinking transformation, and infrastructure changes —- and even then, the tools are missing without some miracles.
While the fairy tale that money can buy you love, or in this case: climate change….the end result is the same, we are at a dismal impasse that is going to not only require hard work and a schedule, but a few miracles. Technology advancements? Reorganization of educational infrastructure and an appropriate investment in this development? The end of Covid?
On that note, I urge you to go to the new Critical Minerals Institute site, where we have put together 8 professionals in our sector that have over a quarter of a million hours of professional time in the critical mineral sector that have officially locked arms to make a difference. While we cannot offer any miracles, we can offer experience, knowledge and perhaps 1 or 2 good ideas as we all agree on as they relate to the impact of ESG and critical minerals — and their undeniable impact on climate change.
Now for this Monday morning’s week-in-review, we have listed our latest ii8 System news releases and video interviews from the last week. Additionally, we list our Top 10 Trending list, along with feature columns written by our inordinately talented and independent columnists, I urge you to start your review with the column: Mel Sanderson answers the multi-billion dollar question: What exactly is ESG? click here
Top 10 Trending on InvestorIntel.com
- The new S&P/TSX Battery Metals Index – what were they thinking? https://bit.ly/3P9nbFA
- InvestorIntel Appoints Publisher & Editor In Chief Stephen Lautens As Director https://bit.ly/3v4D8ok
- Peter Clausi of Silver Bullet Mines talks about its first silver production https://bit.ly/3citw2X
- Appia Rare Earths & Uranium by the numbers https://bit.ly/3vgi8uZ
- Pierre Gauthier of Auxico Resources talks about recent off-take agreements and rare earths trades https://bit.ly/3cbRpZT
- Did ESG really topple the government of Sri Lanka? https://bit.ly/3PzwTkw
- Graphite: The Top 5 North American Players to Watch https://bit.ly/3z11Kkg
- Cam Currie of Canaccord Genuity talks about metals as a vital hedge against inflationary pressure https://bit.ly/3RGyWF2 (July 18, 2022 – Interview Host, Tracy Weslosky)
- Marty Weems of American Rare Earths on “outstanding” drill results and US govt project backing https://bit.ly/3uvD9BG (July 8, 2022 – Interview Host, Tracy Weslosky)
- Zentek CEO Greg Fenton talks about bringing new antimicrobial HVAC filters to market https://bit.ly/3aQPRV3 (July 21, 2022 – Interview Host, Tracy Weslosky)
- August 05, 2022 – Valeo Pharma’s Steve Saviuk talks about the US$40M non-dilutive financing from Sagard Healthcare Partners https://bit.ly/3d7Mdqm
- August 04, 2022 – Avalon Advanced Materials Don Bubar on the Acceleration of the Separation Rapids Lithium Project https://bit.ly/3SjCYDA
- August 03, 2022 – WUC’s George Glasier with Byron King on American dependence on ‘unstable nuclear fuel sources’ https://bit.ly/3oRS7OY
- Rare earths expert Alastair Neill on Vital Metals https://bit.ly/3zGDDXs
- The King of Tin is Alphamin https://bit.ly/3vGWMah
- The Dean’s List – Part 3: What graphite company could benefit from Canada’s commitment to critical minerals? https://bit.ly/3BwSNkj
- Diversification and Dividend Paying, a Winning Strategy for Critical Minerals Leader Neo Performance Materials https://bit.ly/3SmOv4Y
- Mel Sanderson answers the multi-billion dollar question: What exactly is ESG? https://bit.ly/3oOC98d
- Power Nickel demonstrates high-purity class 1 nickel deposit in James Bay has “significant commercial potential” https://bit.ly/3Sk9TYH
ii8 System News Releases for the Week in Review for August 1-7, 2022:
- August 05, 2022 – Energy Fuels Announces Q2-2022 Results, Including Continued Robust Balance Sheet and Market-Leading U.S. Uranium & Rare Earth Positions https://bit.ly/3BOkZzi
- August 05, 2022 – dynaCERT Announces Auditor Resignation https://bit.ly/3BLeY6A
- August 05, 2022 – Murchison Minerals Commences Diamond Drilling at the HPM High-Grade Nickel-Copper-Cobalt Project in Quebec https://bit.ly/3d5H5Da
- August 05, 2022 – NEO Battery Materials Initiates Detailed Design of Silicon Anode Commercial Plant & Files PCT Patent for Key Silicon Anode Technology https://bit.ly/3QkEOSN
- August 05, 2022 – Nano One Provides Quarterly Progress Update and Reports Q2 2022 Results https://bit.ly/3OVOSRe
- August 04, 2022 – Moovly Signs Video Automation Partnership with Kapanlagi Youniverse https://bit.ly/3BH2NYy
- August 04, 2022 – TRU Announces 2,000 Metre Drill Program at the Jacob’s Pond Area of the Golden Rose Project https://bit.ly/3QnZ5qR
- August 04, 2022 – Nickel 28 Releases Ramu Q2 2022 Operating Performance https://bit.ly/3QkF3NW
- August 04, 2022 – Bald Eagle Announces Rebrand Under Hercules Silver Corp. and Provides Corporate Update https://bit.ly/3P2cbc2
- August 04, 2022 – Assay Results from New Claims Area Show Significant Upside for Halleck Creek https://bit.ly/3OYllXb
- August 03, 2022 – Westward Gold Comments on Completion of Inaugural Drill Campaign & Next Steps https://bit.ly/3cYpE7n
- August 03, 2022 – Murchison Minerals Grants Stock Options https://bit.ly/3zAe0qS
- August 03, 2022 – Fission 3 Welcomes New Director Nicky Grant https://bit.ly/3P0yNtn
- August 02, 2022 – Nano One Announces Results of Annual General Meeting https://bit.ly/3cVst9f
- August 02, 2022 – SIXW: Correction of News Release https://bit.ly/3A2oVvc
- August 02, 2022 – Ur-Energy Releases 2022 Q2 Results https://bit.ly/3OVSYso
- August 02, 2022 – Alphamin Announces Updated Mineral Resource and Mineral Reserve Estimates and Life of Mine Schedule for Mpama North Tin Mine https://bit.ly/3zRrBf5
- August 02, 2022 – Valeo Pharma Closes US$40 Million Non-Dilutive Financing from Sagard Healthcare Partners https://bit.ly/3ziU7Vm
- August 02, 2022 – Valeo Pharma Enters into License Agreement with Kaleo for the Canadian Rights to ALLERJECT® https://bit.ly/3So2Bn0
- August 02, 2022 – Valeo Pharma Enters into an Agreement for Ophthalmic Products, PrXIIDRA® AND PrSIMBRINZA®, in Canada https://bit.ly/3QuzyML
- August 02, 2022 – Fission 3.0 Hits Alteration, Faulting at Murphy Lake https://bit.ly/3PMnvdD
- August 01, 2022 – Retirement of Mr Denis Geldard https://bit.ly/3bDIb8Q
- August 01, 2022 – Vital Raises $45M to Complete Transition to REO Operations https://bit.ly/3vxwszc
Tracy Weslosky is the Founder, CEO, and Director of InvestorIntel Corp. (2001-Present), a leading online source of investor information that provides independent coverage of the ... <Read more about Tracy Weslosky>