March 7, 2013 (Source: Galileo Resources) — Galileo, the emerging African Rare Earth exploration and development company, is pleased to announce the results of a Preliminary Economic Assessment (“PEA”) of its Glenover Rare Earth Project (“Glenover Project or the Project”) in South Africa.
- Net Present Value (“NPV”) of US$ 512 million using a rare earth oxide (REO) basket price 2 of US$60.79 per kg of 99% REO and a discount rate of 8%. (NPVs at different rates are set out below e.g. NPV of US$783 million at a discount rate of 5%).
- Internal Rate of Return (“IRR”) of 34.5 % for the Project
- REO production of 167,100 t (tonnes) in mixed high-grade REO chemical product over 24-year life of mine (LOM) on current resource estimate
- Ore production rate from 2.7 Mt stockpiles at 400,000 t per year 1 to 7
- Open-pit-mine ore production from 7.1 Mt at 400,000 t per year from year 8
- Waste to ore mine stripping ratio of 2.1 to 1 from year 8
- Initial capital investment US$233M, including a contingency of US$34M but excluding $57M for deferred and sustaining capital
For a copy of the full news release click here